There's fun...and then there's JUNGLE fun!
Our top Tarzan-approved spots for good times among the vines include Panama and Costa Rica. Experience the thrill of snorkeling, swimming and kayaking in warm tropical waters alive with exotic marine life. Bike and hike past coffee plantations and beautiful beaches. Venture out on jungle walks with expert local naturalists who help you scout for iguanas, monkeys, toucans and much more. And kick back, relax and rejuvenate at family-friendly tropical retreats.
Wherever you choose to travel, you can count on Backroads' legendary service, support and flexibility throughout your journey. And above all, you can look forward to the countless rewards of traveling actively as a family. Exposing your kids to fascinating cultures, extraordinary wildlife and incredible landscapes. And making lifetime memories in the process.
It's a jungle out there—and you're gonna love it! Come play with us on a trip that's sure to rank as everyone's most memorable ever. Call our Trip Consultants at 800-462-2848; they're available 7 days a week from 7 am to 5 pm PT.
We look forward to seeing you out there!
Latin America Regional Manager, with Backroads since 2001
Experience the vacation of a lifetime in an oasis of unimaginable beauty, in a destination long beloved by dreamers, explorers and adventurers. Where lush jungles are so filled with life, you can almost feel the strangler figs and orchids growing around you. And a profusion of birds and animals—from jewel-hued macaws to acrobatic monkeys—thrill the senses. You'll find secluded tropical islands strung like pearls in the blue Pacific. And an enchanting undersea world brimming with coral gardens and a multitude of vibrant tropical fish. There's endless sun-soaked beaches, mighty volcanoes, and a vibrant melting pot of captivating indigenous cultures. It's beautiful, authentic and astonishing. Paradise awaits in Panama.
- Meet our friends in the local Emberá community, and learn about their way of life
- Discover the Panama Canal, a 99-year-old engineering marvel, at a private tour of the Miraflores Locks Museum
- Indulge in local delicacies as you watch the ships pass through the canal
- Hike amid bromeliads and wild avocados, keeping eyes peeled for stunning—yet elusive—quetzals and funny-looking three-wattled bellbirds
- Bike from Finca Lerida's coffee farm to Boquete through lush tropical terrain
- Snorkel with schools of colorful fish and, if you're lucky, hawksbill turtles
- Junior explorers whoop it up at a kids-only dinner while grown-ups savor gourmet cuisine at Panamonte Inn & Spa
View the Panama Family Multisport itinerary
NEW WINTER ADVENTURES VIDEO
Want to learn more about our Winter Adventures?
GET THE INSIDE SCOOP
Are You Getting the
Having the right information to make a good decision isn't always a given, and this applies in spades to travel.
"It's fair to say that a Backroads trip can change your life! Everyone who is thinking about a Backroads trip should definitely go! You can't go wrong with Backroads!"
Michael Cartier - Portage, MI
Read More Guest Quotes
CALL 800-462-2848 or your travel agent to reserve your trip. Open daily from 7 am to 5 pm, PT.
All contents and photography © 2012 Backroads | 801 Cedar Street, Berkeley, CA, 94710 | 800-462-2848