Job Opportunities with Backroads
Seasonal Trip Operations Specialist
The Trip Operations Support (TOS) Team works closely with the Trip Development Team as they build new itineraries and maintain the quality and integrity of existing trips. While providing administrative assistance for all of Trip Operations, the primary focus is accurate and timely data-management of reservations and contracts. Applicants need strong attention to detail, a high level of organization and should enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reservations & Contracts
o As directed, generate and edit the reservation and/or contract documentation prior to it being sent to vendors, modify documents and databases as changes are made, once finalized, ensure the data-entry across multiple system platforms is accurate and consistent.
o Online Reservations – Secure, track, release campground and ferry reservations and process all the necessary paperwork.
• Permits – Manage & execute the entire permit process from application to in-season reporting to end-of-year reports.
• Certificates of Insurance
o Vendor Certificates – Secure all necessary vendor Certificates of Insurance and keep the database up-to-date.
o Backroads Certificates – Work with the insurance company to ensure we have all our documentation and that it is accurate.
o Weekly TOS Status reports – Edit the raw status reports and distribute to the TOS Team.
o Audit/Analyze reports such as Cancels and Route Ratings, as requested.
o Hotel Rooming Inventory – verifying, correcting and/or clarifying data including leader room and Support Driver information
o Departure Management – Generate, edit and print unit schedules on an as needed basis.
• Field Support
o Guest Maps – Work with the Logistics & Transportation department and the regional teams to determine which maps and the appropriate quantity needed, place the order, review invoices and coordinate distribution of maps into the field.
o Van Bag Docs and Leaders Notes Docs – reviewing and posting
• Leader Hiring Event Support – act as “go-between” for TOS and the Hiring & Training team. Assist the Hiring & Training team during the photography portion of the event and post-event with report running, photo printing and/or reporting.
• Miscellaneous Tasks &/or Projects
o Maintain the Trip Development file cabinets – filing, making file folders and reorganization and updating signage, as needed.
o Magazines – Order, re-subscribe, track articles and distribute them as appropriate.
o Other tasks or projects as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Experience working with proprietary databases. (Training to be provided.)
• Knowledge and understanding of Backroads trips.
• Work as part of a team but also be able to self-direct.
• Show strong organizational and communication skills.
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work at a computer desk for prolonged periods of time and occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
• Enthusiastic about working for Backroads and have a passion for active travel and the outdoors.
This position is seasonal full time: September 2014 through April 2015.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Seasonal Trip Operations Support Specialist” in the subject line of your email or by fax to (510) 527-1789, Attn: HR/Seasonal Trip Operations Support Specialist. The deadline to apply is August 24, 2014.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and multisport trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.