Job Opportunities with Backroads
Assistant Web Producer
We’re looking for someone who is a great communicator, super well organized and on top of every detail, able to think ahead to next week, next month and beyond while keeping a close eye on today, reacts swiftly to changes or new information and can think ahead for issues coming down the line.
You must also love the Internet and be great with spreadsheets for the purpose of numerical analysis to draw conclusions about how well (or not) the Web is working for Backroads.
We are looking for someone who loves the Web, travel, process (process, process, process… and making sure everything runs smoothly), tracking and communicating progress, working in a cohesive team and having fun at work!
This individual is a critical member of the Marketing team and is highly involved in implementing ongoing improvements to the website, redesigns, reporting and new functionality. This is a new position to help us ensure successful implementation of exciting website developments that are in the works.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with daily site operations and content management: input edits and updates; create and post new pages using content management system and HTML/CSS.
• Process photos and produce graphics, track photo credits and stock usage.
• Create mock-ups and designs for web pages, e-mail templates, banners, etc., using current industry best practices.
• Assist in annual trip page update: help with selection, production and input of photos and graphics in our CMS; coordinate proofing and testing.
• Troubleshooting errors and testing any new Web programming with external Web design firm.
• Research/test/learn new Web technology.
• Propose, research, design and implement traffic and sales-generating features for our Web site: (satellite sites, storefronts, blogs, etc.).
• Prepare Web traffic reports
o Use Google Analytics to follow trends of site use
o Track online partnerships via source code
• Work with Web and Sales Managers to promote individual trips through e-mail and Web pages.
• Produce/design e-mails/templates to be used during the year; create HTML/CSS, select and optimize images.
• Pull segmented send lists and coordinate sending out e-mails via our ESP, at least twice monthly.
• Coordinate and improve e-mails through A/B testing of subjects, layout, etc.
• Track e-mails and maintain metrics on a monthly basis, including A/B testing results.
• 2 to 4 years of experience in Web production
• Proficient in HTML/CSS coding
• Strong detail-oriented project management skills
• Combination of technical competence and business skills to help develop business requirements and coordinate implementation
• Knowledge of Web standards, design and usability
• Software: Microsoft Office and Outlook; Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Acrobat; Knowledge of Exact Target ESP a plus; Experience with Google analytics and reporting a plus
• Self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
• Enthusiastic team player
• Photography skills a strong plus
• Ability to work at a computer desk for prolonged periods of time and occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
• Enthusiastic about working for Backroads and have a passion for active travel and the outdoors
Salary commensurate with experience. This is a full-time (40 hours per week) regular position at the Backroads office in Berkeley, CA.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Assistant Web Producer” in the subject line of your email or by fax to (510) 527-1789, Attn: HR/Assistant Web Producer.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and multisport trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.