Job Opportunities with Backroads
Software Architect - Master Builder
We are searching for a software architect/leader with deep technology skills and a breadth of technological knowledge. An individual who can work with different business types and who can learn quickly. The ideal candidate will understand the value of coding – but will be our Master Builder who can coach and mentor our team of fantastic developers.
• Strategic planning, architecture and development of custom apps, platforms and services
• Participate in technical and business discussions re: future direction, alignment of strategy/business goals
• Ensure all projects are executed using industry standard architectures
• Partner with development teams to deliver simple solutions that perform complex tasks
• Research and evaluate technologies and market trends
• Ensure all projects built with best practices, reusable code and according to standards
• Analyze existing architecture to develop improvements, unify systems, expand capacity, increase effectiveness, and lower cost
• Enhance custom software and support packaged software including integration between systems
• Recommend, develop or administer training programs to develop comprehensive world class talent
• Bachelors in computer science, engineering, IT or related, or equivalent work experience
• Waterfall, Agile and Incremental development methodologies
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills to interface with business partners and IT community
• Ability to develop solutions, influence decisions/opinions
• Strong customer management and negotiation skills with ability to mediate opposing viewpoints, manage scope and articulate advantages of technology solutions
• Organize and lead client sessions
• Design, optimize and integrate business processes
Java, .Net, HTML5/JS/CSS3
BPEL and BizTalk’Software design and development for desktop and mobile platforms
We are searching for someone who is as passionate about our business and systems as we are.
We are an EOE by choice. Please send your resume and salary history to email@example.com to be considered for this life changing opportunity – where you will find an environment unlike any other.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and multisport trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.