Job Opportunities with Backroads
Special Executive to the President
Who you are
You’re passionate about life, and people and active travel. You thrive on the details, really getting to the bottom of problems, focusing on solutions, and meeting timelines in an uber-productive setting. Nothing slips through the cracks and your fingers are on the pulse of projects, people and high performance. You’ve been waiting for a dynamic opportunity to mesh your personal passions with a successful like-minded company.
Who we are
We are one of the best companies to work for on the planet. And we take personally our goal to run the highest quality, most enriching, most unforgettable active travel experiences for our guests. We see our best getting even better all the time. It pains us to hear about people spending their precious, limited, vacation time on disappointing, flat, forgettable tours, when we hear over and over and over from our guests that Backroads is “the only” choice out there for them. We are flattered by this, but we are ever-vigilant not to become complacent. We know that quality is the job that never sleeps and we want you to help us in our on-going quest.
Reporting directly to the President, the Special Executive to the President will help guide Backroads as we continue to grow quality and grow our business.
Job responsibilities include:
• Project management, including coordination of multi-department projects, overseeing project deliverables and timelines
• Performance development, measurement and tracking, including Individual Performance Goals (IPGs), Key Performance Metrics (KPIs) and tasks
• Company culture stewardship, including the development of onboarding (orientation & training) programs and on-going education for office staff.
• Sustainable Travel; including the development and management of our company-wide efforts.
• Self starter with motivation and initiative to develop new programs, and shepherd programs from original vision, to launch, and to assure on-going quality improvements
• High emotional intelligence and ability to speak, and write, with a confident, energetic, and authentic voice
• Demonstrated analytical and project management experience.
• Problem Sensitivity e.g. The ability to know our business so well that you can tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong, and the ability to see relationships among seemingly unrelated events
• Advanced experience with analytical tools and systems, including Excel, MS Project, and others that you might recommend, including a keen ability to quickly learn Backroads database structures as they relate to your job responsibilities
• 3-5 years’ experience in similar roles
• Ability to work at a computer desk for prolonged periods of time and occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
• Enthusiastic about working for Backroads and have a passion for active travel and the outdoors.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
This position is based in Berkeley and must have US work authorization. If you (or someone you know) are interested in applying for this exciting position, please submit a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this position and why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Special Executive to the President” in the subject line of your email or by fax to (510) 527-1789, Attn: HR/Special Executive to the President.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and multisport trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.