Job Opportunities with Backroads
Assistant Sales and Guest Services Manager
The Assistant Sales and Guest Service Manager works directly with the Sales and Guest Services Manager in the daily operation of the Backroads Call Center. This position will manage staff, Backroads systems and administrative processes to ensure that the Sales and Guest Services staff delivers the highest level of service to our guests.
• Assist Sales & Guest Services Manager in training and supervising Trip Consultants.
• Directly manage seasonal Guest Services team.
• Track sales for all reservation takers. Post daily, weekly and monthly performance numbers (daily status report & weekly trend report).
• Work with Sales & Guest Services Manager to manage quality control through call monitoring and constructive critiquing of Trip Consultants’ phone manner.
• Solicit and develop new policies and procedures in the Sales Department.
CALL CENTER OPERATIONS & RESOURCE SCHEDULING
• Analyze and prepare call, e-mail and chat reports daily, weekly and monthly.
• Collaborate with Sales and Guest Service Manager to determine the optimal staffing needs for summer/winter seasons and holidays taking into consideration call volume, guest count, trip departures and training.
• Assist with recruiting, hiring and training of seasonal guest service staff.
• Planning and coordination of delivery of needed personnel resources to requesting areas in coordination with department heads.
• Handle reservation system administration questions.
• Function as the key point person for the MyBackroads Guest Portal questions/support.
• Approve time off/vacation requests and maintain vacation request calendar.
• Schedule lunches, department meetings and trip seminars.
• Other duties as necessary or assigned.
• Minimum of 2 years successful management and training experience
• Understanding of call center technology and call center scheduling
• Excellent project management skills and proven ability to improve departmental quality and efficiency
• Word, Excel proficiency
• Data analysis skills
• Experience resolving customer service issues and managing difficult situations
• Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
• Team player with a positive attitude, enthusiasm, drive, and the desire to provide our guests with the vacation of a lifetime
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and to work well under pressure
• Some weekend work required
• Active travel experience a plus
• Ability to work at a computer desk for prolonged periods of time and occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
• Enthusiastic about working for Backroads and have a passion for active travel and the outdoors.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Assistant Sales and Guest Services Manager” in the subject line of your email or by fax to (510) 527-1789, Attn: HR/Assistant Sales and Guest Services Manager.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and multisport trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.