Job Opportunities with Backroads
Logistics and Transportation Specialist
Salt Lake City, Utah
As a member of the Backroads Warehouse team your job would include:
• Assist in an extensive winter re-working of trailer interiors and exteriors.
• Perform annual winter overhaul of trailer chassis including the hubs, brakes, electrical systems, skins, and roofs.
• Provide supervision and consistency for Backroads leaders working in the warehouse during the Spring departure season and the Fall return/overhaul period.
• Assist in the preparation, tear-down and return of rented vans.
• Assist in the packing and shipping of equipment for international distribution.
• Assist in the administering of a warehouse traffic schedule; moving vehicles, keeping traffic corridors clear, and aiding the Drive School circuit.
• Provide on-site camp support for annual Tour DaVita event outside of Utah (Sept. 11-18)
• Monitoring trailer supply & parts inventory.
• Maintaining the organization & cleanliness of the warehouse floor.
• Maintain the inventory and security of all vans, trailers, components, parts, supplies, and tools.
• Assist with facility issues as needed.
We’re looking for someone who possesses these qualities:
• The ideal candidate for this role is driven to produce high quality results, is proud of his or her work, and truly cares about improving upon their work environment. This candidate is capable of working independently without much direct supervision and has the foresight to see upcoming needs and plan accordingly. This candidate enjoys the camaraderie of an energetic team, values physical fitness, understands Backroads’ mission to be the best travel company, and is motivated from within to do his or her best work, every day.
• Mechanical Aptitude: General automotive repair/trouble-shooting, fabrication, and welding experience.
• Experience with driving vans, maneuvering a trailer and forklift experience a plus.
• Strict attention to detail, a high regard for quality and safety minded.
• Knowledge of general carpentry and ability to fabricate simple constructions.
• Familiarity with camping and restaurant equipment.
• Strongly oriented towards high quality customer service.
• Enjoys working with others as a member of a team.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to manage multiple tasks at one time and finish them on schedule.
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
• Takes pride in his/her work, is a self-starter, able problem solver and highly motivated.
• An amazing passion for bicycles and the sport of cycling.
• Open and willing to learning new skills/techniques.
• Sense of humor.
• Valid Utah driver’s license in good standing.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Enthusiastic about working for Backroads and have a passion for active travel and the outdoors.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads and describing your auto/trailer mechanical skills, bike mechanic, touring and/or racing experience along with your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Logistics & Transportation Specialist” in the subject line of your email or by fax to (510) 527-1789, Attn: HR/Logistics & Transportation Specialist.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and multisport trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.