Job Opportunities with Backroads
Leader Scheduling Specialist
We’re hiring for: Leader Scheduling Specialist
Purpose of Job: Help maintain and audit Trip Leader and field staff schedules through report monitoring, and act as a direct point of contact for our population of ~400 Leaders for all Scheduling related questions.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional analytical skills for identifying opportunities for process improvement, a professional and customer service driven approach to communication, and the ability to function in collaborative environments as well as independently.
Starting date: Early November, or sooner
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
TRIP LEADER SCHEDULES:
• In conjunction with Scheduling Coordinator, assign leaders to trips and fieldwork based on trips offered, leader availability, leader skills, and leader performance according to company-wide priorities and parameters.
• Create and schedule leader familiarizations of new destinations when needed.
• Maintain leader schedules when cancellations, enrollment, new trips, or leader availability changes occur.
• Monitor scheduled reports to draw attention to and remediate upcoming trips that are potentially not set up for success
• Work closely with Scheduling Coordinator and Analyst to implement process improvements
• Create schedule of leader travel to/from trip starts.
• Create (in conjunction with Logistics Department) the movement of vans and equipment to regions.
• Communicate schedule changes, via ATLAS*, to leaders, the office, and Regional Managers. Confirm notification of leaders whose trips have cancelled.
• Create and maintain various scheduling parameters in conjunction with Regional Managers to ensure reporting is up to date and accurate
• Confirm private departure additions and changes.
• Monitor the schedule routinely to gain efficiencies in leader travel.
• Assist in the compiling and writing of team training materials
*ATLAS (AUTOMATED TOOL for LEADERS AND SCHEDULING – our database for managing trip leaders)
• Research and document airfares for specific itineraries and regions.
• Assist with purchasing of tickets
• Answer travel-related questions from leader population
• Audit leader schedules to ensure travel is accurate
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Proven problem-solving, time management and project management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to be discreet and professional with employee performance information.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, as well as a clear ability to learn new systems (proprietary databases).
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work at a computer desk for prolonged periods of time.
• Enthusiastic about working for Backroads and have a passion for active travel and the outdoors.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume (please include your travel experience in your resume) and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Leader Scheduling Specialist” in the subject line of your email or by fax to (510) 527-1789, Attn: HR/Leader Scheduling Specialist.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and multisport trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.