Job Opportunities with Backroads
Seaonal Guest Services Consultant
Amaze yourself. Amaze our guests.
A job at Backroads is unlike any other job you’ll ever have. You’ll be challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be gratified. Because whatever you do here, you’ll be part of something that makes us all proud—delivering authentic, enriching—and sometimes profoundly life-changing—experiences.
The devil is in the details.
Every world-class biking and hiking route. Every gourmet picnic. Every carefully orchestrated cultural connection. Everything. And it doesn’t just matter some of the time. It matters all of the time. That’s how we do things at Backroads. The result: guests so loyal to Backroads they travel with us 10, 20, 30, 40 or more times.
Making it look easy, isn’t easy.
Ask anyone at Backroads. It’s hard work. It means forever asking, “Is the guest experience the absolute best it can be?” More often than not our answer is “no.” We continuously redefine what an active vacation can be and establish standards no one else can match.
Does this sound like the kind of company you want to be a part of? If so, we can’t wait to meet you.
We are currently seeking a seasonal employee for our Guest Services Consultant position. The ideal candidate is a highly professional person who will be working with our guests and guides to provide them with an exceptionally high level of service on the phone and email to ensure that every guest has the best experience on their trip.
Ideal candidates will have:
• 2+ years of successful customer service or sales support
• Excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills
• Excellent listening skills
• High level of initiative
• Superb sense of detail
• Can work effectively in a fast paced work environment
• Can juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
• Organizational and computer skills
• Value and embody integrity, teamwork, empowerment, and sense of ownership
• Domestic and international travel experience desirable
• Must be willing to work occasional weekends
• Ability to lift 30 pounds
• Enthusiastic about working for Backroads and have a passion for active travel and the outdoors
This position is seasonal full-time through December with the potential to become a regular position.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Seasonal GSC” in the subject line of your email or by fax to (510) 292-2793, Attn: HR/GSC. No phone calls please.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and multisport trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.