Job Opportunities with Backroads
Seasonal Logistics & Transportation Specialist
Salt Lake City, UT
Amaze yourself. Amaze our guests.
A job at Backroads is unlike any other job you’ll ever have. You’ll be challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be gratified. Because whatever you do here, you’ll be part of something that makes us all proud—delivering authentic, enriching—and sometimes profoundly life-changing—experiences.
The devil is in the details.
Every world-class biking and hiking route. Every gourmet picnic. Every carefully orchestrated cultural connection. Everything. And it doesn’t just matter some of the time. It matters all of the time. That’s how we do things at Backroads. The result: guests so loyal to Backroads they travel with us 10, 20, 30, 40 or more times.
Making it look easy, isn’t easy.
Ask anyone at Backroads. It’s hard work. It means forever asking, “Is the guest experience the absolute best it can be?” More often than not our answer is “no.” We continuously redefine what an active vacation can be and establish standards no one else can match.
Does this sound like the kind of company you want to be a part of? If so, we can’t wait to meet you.
We currently have an opening in Salt Lake City for a Seasonal (through end of October 2013), full-time Logistics and Transportation Specialist
As a member of the Backroads Warehouse team your job would include
• Assist in an extensive winter re-working of trailer interiors & exteriors.
• Perform annual winter overhaul of trailer chassis including the hubs, brakes, electrical systems, skins, and roofs.
• Assist in the preparation, tear-down and return of rented vans.
• Assist in the packing & shipping of equipment for international distribution.
• Assist in the administering of a warehouse traffic schedule; moving vehicles, keeping traffic corridors clear, and aiding the Drive School circuit.
• Provide on-site camp support for annual Tour DaVita event in South Carolina (Sept. 12-19)
• Monitoring trailer supply & parts inventory.
• Maintaining the organization & cleanliness of the warehouse floor.
• Maintain the inventory and security of all vans, trailers, components, parts, supplies, and tools.
We’re looking for someone who possesses these qualities:
• Mechanical Inclination: Basic automotive, fabrication, and welding experience.
• Experience with driving vans, maneuvering a trailer and forklift experience a plus.
• Knowledge of basic carpentry and ability to fabricate simple constructions.
• Familiarity with camping and restaurant equipment.
• Strongly oriented towards high quality customer service.
• Enjoys working with others as a member of a team.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to manage multiple tasks at one time and finish them on schedule.
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
• Takes pride in his/her work.
• An amazing passion for bicycles and the sport of cycling.
• Open and willing to learning new skills/techniques.
• Sense of humor.
• Valid Utah driver’s license in good standing.
• Enthusiastic about working for Backroads and have a passion for active travel and the outdoors.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “L&T Specialist Position” in the subject line of your email or by fax to (510) 292-2793, Attn: HR/L&T Specialist Position. Visit us at www.backroads.com
No phone calls please.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and multisport trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.