Job Opportunities with Backroads
Trip Operations Support Specialist
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To ensure the Trip Operations Department runs smoothly and efficiently with a focus timely execution of defined processes.
The Trip Ops Support (TOS) Team provides a full range of administrative assistance. Our fast-paced, high-volume, nimble environment demands someone adroit at content/data management, verbal and written communication as well as independent management of multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines. While much of the work is self-managed, this position supports various departments and multiple Regional Managers. The responsibility of this team is to effectively act as the intermediary between Backroads and our vendors resulting in confirmed reservations and signed contracts.
STARTING DATE: ASAP
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, December 4, 2012
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TEAM:
1) Reservation Procurement
a. Generate, send, track reservation request letters for hotel and subcontractors. Negotiating confirmations within a specified timeframe.
b. Book campground, ferry, reservations online and process related paperwork including credit card reconciliation. (Due to booking policies set by government agencies, this task may require working on a weekend and/or a holiday.)
c. Work in conjunction with the Private Trips department to obtain reservations as requested.
d. Work in conjunction with the Vendor Relations department to obtain confirmation of released reservation blocks.
2) Regional Managers and Field Experts Support
a. Assist Regional Managers and Field Experts with processing trip changes and updating the trip itinerary database.
b. Post documents to the company intranet.
c. Format reports for ease of use
d. Assist with tour cost and budget worksheet maintenance.
e. Librarian duties include: magazine ordering & distribution of articles, maps ordering, archiving and distribution to the regions
g. Scan and email all hard copy fax and mail correspondence to Regional Managers working in the field
3) Hotel and Subcontractor Contract Management
a. Assist Regional Managers to generate, send and track contracts as well as act as intermediary for simple negotiations regarding terms.
b. Manage process to ensure signed documents are in place prior to business.
c. Ensure the contract module (database), online documentation and hard files contain accurate information.
d. Track and compile insurance certificates from specific contracted vendors. Update Vendorworks (database).
4) Other Responsibilities
a. Maintain and/or update our internal databases as needed.
b. Audit reports and computer systems for errors and oversights.
c. Provide support, back-up and coverage for fellow Team members.
d. Assist with event coordination, set up and clean-up for company gatherings
e. Special projects as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Self-motivated and independent, but works well as a team player.
• Critical thinker.
• Exceedingly detail-oriented while cognizant of the bigger picture.
• A dedication to thoroughness and completing tasks in a timely manner.
• An eye for identifying and communicating needs for system improvements.
• Highly proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook as well as effective at learning new systems (proprietary databases).
• Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written).
• Adept at building relationships with vendors and co-workers.
• Exceptional time management skills & project management skills.
• Ability to understand and work with different cultural work styles.
• Foreign language skills a plus (Spanish, French and/or Italian preferred).
• Able to lift 30lbs.
Please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please put “Trip Operations Support Specialist position” in the subject line of your email.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and multisport trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.