Backroads offers a range of deluxe camping vacations to destinations in North America where travelers sleep in roomy domed tents in plush sleeping bags and enjoy gourmet meals around crackling campfires. If you’re an outdoorsy person who loves to travel, our adventure camping trips are perfect for you. We handle all the work of set-up and tear down; you just have to show up and enjoy it!
- Consider taking a guide to the constellations. In many of the settings Backroads’ visits, you’ll have access to stars from a different side of the world in a dark environment with fewer city lights that lends itself to seeing lots of astronomical bodies.
- Bring out the Scout in you and learn a few good knots. A bowline, for example, will never work itself loose; a figure eight will not slip but is easy to untie. These come in handy during camping trips.
- Unpack only the items you need to use. Keep items you may need in the middle of the night within arm reach.
- Beam me up Scottie! Enjoying a campground by moonlight is a special treat. However, on evenings when the moon is less than full, it’s helpful to have on hand a small flashlight with a strong beam. If you prefer to keep your hands free, head lamps make a great alternative option.
- Meet new people. Part of the fun of a Backroads’ adventure vacation is meeting people from all walks of life, especially your fellow travelers at the campsite. You never know what fun might happen around the campfire!
- Bring a spirit of adventure! Think of all the people before you who’ve lived and camped in the great outdoors. There’s nothing quite like sleeping under the stars in the fresh air. Dare to take a jump in the lake or hike that intriguing trail around the bend.
- Keep a journal. There’s nothing like documenting your outdoor adventure for the future by journaling about your experience daily. Curl up in your tent and write away! You’ll cherish it for years to come.
- Get up early. Enjoy the sun rising each morning at our gorgeous destinations. It’s a wonderful way to start your day and the beauty of the sunset just might unexpectedly take your breath away.
Backroads offers camping trips for families, camping trips for singles and solos and traditional camping adventures. Pick from destinations like Montana, Alaska, Wine Country and the Canadian Rockies. For more information about Backroads’ camping vacations, please call us 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Pacific daily at 800-462-2848.